Friday, February 1, 2013

Movie Reviews of Movies I Haven’t Watched: Iron Fists! Gangster Squad! Parker! Warm Bodies!


The Man With The Iron Fists
The movie appears to be an orgy of camp and action, a cinematic bouillabaisse of RZA’s favorite things. He clearly has a love and reverence for the kung fu genre, but has also made efforts to update and Americanize it.

In a nutshell: I’m excited to see this with a bunch of my friends, while being very loud and obnoxious in the back row of the movie theater. For some reason, this trailer made me feel 12 again.


Gangster Squad
If there’s one thing this film does well, it’s prove that there’s nothing cooler than one guy picking up a rifle and throwing it to his comrade, who then catches it with one hand. Go back and watch the trailer. It’s just the best. Every time.

In a nutshell: Will it be a classic? No, but it has guilty pleasure written all over it.




Parker
Jason Statham is Jason Statham in a Jason Statham film about Jason Statham. Can Jason Statham Jason Statham his way to the Jason Statham in time to save the day?  And Jason Statham? Only one way to find out. 

In a nutshell: Bald! Kick! Gritty! Statham!


Warm Bodies
I found myself smiling throughout this entire clip, something quite rare when things of the zombie/vampire persuasion are involved (because I hate them), but this is a great way to fuse the fad with a simple teenage outsider love story.

In a nutshell: I’m sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment